99.5 WYCD AND COCA-COLA TO HOLD POSTER DESIGN CONTEST FOR WYCD DOWNTOWN HOEDOWN
With its new venue and all-star lineup locked into place, the 30th Annual WYCD Downtown Hoedown, to be held June 8-10, 2012, on the grounds of Detroit’s Comerica Park, is now looking for the best commemorative poster design. And you could be the artist!
What: 99.5 WYCD and Coca-Cola’s 30th Anniversary Downtown Hoedown Poster Contest
When: Wednesday, May23 – Friday, June 1, 2012, at 12 Noon EST
Where: Submit poster design entries by mail or in person to WYCD, 2201Woodward Heights, Ferndale, MI 48220 (Monday – Friday, 8:30A-5:30P). Direct questions to Maureen at 248.546.9600.
· All entries must be received by Friday, June 1, 2012 at 12 Noon EST
· All entries must have name, address, city, state, zip, date of birth, phone number and email address on the back of the submission
· All entries must be 20” wide x 24” tall (vertical format)
· Artwork must be two – dimensional and all original and contain no copyrighted material
· All entries must include “30th Anniversary 99.5 WYCD Downtown Hoedown” in theme
· Go to WYCD.com for official rules
Entries will be judged based on:
· Artistic Merit (use of color, quality of drawing, poster design and layout)
· Poster Message (inclusion of 30th Anniversary 99.5 WYCD Downtown Hoedown)
· Creativity and Originality
The person who designs the winning poster will get:
· Two 3-day passes to WYCD Downtown Hoedown and access to VIP tent on Friday, June 8, 2012
· Recognition on stage during the WYCD Downtown Hoedown
· The chance to see their design printed on 5,000 posters and distributed at the WYCD Downtown Hoedown
About WYCD Hoedown:
Three-day passes and tickets for Friday night are sold out, but tickets for Saturday andSunday, starting at $20, are available at all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com, and the Joe Louis and Fox Theater box offices. A portion of the ticket proceeds will benefit Beaumont Hospital’s Student Heart Check Initiative.
Debuting in 1983, the annual event has played host to such legendary country artists as Hank Williams, Jr., Brenda Lee, Tanya Tucker, Mel Tillis and Willie Nelson, revered megastars Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire and Big & Rich, and today’s most popular breakout country and crossover bands like Rascal Flatts, Lonestar and Lady Antebellum.
For more information, visit http://wycd.radio.com/shows/wycd-downtown-hoedown.
WYCD is owned and operated by CBSRADIO, one of the largest major-market radio operators in the nation. Listeners can listen to WYCD online and through a variety of mobile outlets including the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. A division of CBS Corporation, CBS RADIO operates 130 radio stations, most in the nation’s top 50 markets. CBS RADIO also owns and operates WDZH, WOMC, WWJ-AM and WXYT-AM/FM in Detroit.