The man accused of robbing a woman in the Kohl's parking lot in Chesterfield is slated to appear in Macomb County Circuit Court this month.
Marvin Lee Hopkins, 62, faces one count of armed robbery for the late September attack in the Gratiot and 23 Mile area. Hopkins is scheduled for a pretrial hearing and arraignment at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 29 in the Mount Clemens court, according to 42-2 District Court officials in New Baltimore.
Hopkins' was initially scheduled for a preliminary exam Wednesday in New Baltimore, but the case was bound over to the higher court.
His lawyer previously told Patch that his client didn't commit the crime, saying witnesses couldn't identify him from a photo lineup. But township police say their multi-day investigation and interviews led them to Hopkins, a registered sex offender living in the nearby Chesterfield Motor Inn.
Follow this story and others by liking us on Facebook.
See More on Patch
- Chesterfield Township Burger King Outburst Leads to Man's 10th DUI Arrest
- Chesterfield Pedestrian Dies Following Crash
- Chesterfield Township Man Arrested for 12th Time on Drunken Driving Charge
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation
- Alleged Drunken Driver Charged After Hitting Family of 4 on 23 Mile Road