Political signs obstruct motorists' view
A motorist complained to police Oct. 14 that political signs at the corner of 23 Mile and Foster by Strawberry Field's were obstructing drivers' views, according to a Chesterfield Township police report.
Police responded to the call and witnessed drivers turning from Foster having difficulty seeing oncoming traffic from westbound on 23 Mile. The signs were also erected in the Macomb County right of way, police said.
Officers removed the signs from the ground and put them down on the grass without damaging them, police said.
Designer bag, wallet snatched from car
A woman in her 20s left her Louis Vuitton purse and Coach wallet in the backseat of her car the night of Sept. 29 while she attended a wedding at the hall. When she returned, she realized the purse, wallet, Coach sunglasses and an undisclosed amount of cash were gone. The thief had emptied some contents of her purse into another bag in the backseat, a police report said.
According to the victim, she didn't know who took her belongings and that, when she locked her car remotely, it must not have worked because there was another set of keys in the car that interrupted the signal. She said her valuables that stolen were about $2,000 in total.
Spending spree on victim's dime
A woman reported that someone stole her bank card information to spend $235.21 Oct. 8 at Meijer on 23 Mile and Gratiot, according to a police report.
The victim said she never lost her card and that someone must have obtained the information some how. She canceled her card before making a police report.
Read other crime blotters or briefs.
Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See More on Patch
- Chesterfield Pedestrian Dies Following Crash
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Chesterfield Township
- Home Invasion in Chesterfield Township Suspect's Trail as Manhunt Continues
- Man Escapes After 3-Mile Chase Through Woods, Creek in Chesterfield Township Manhunt
- Woman Arrested on St. Patrick's Day for Child Endangerment
Most Popular articles
- ACO Hardware Closing 14 Stores, Including New Baltimore Location
- Chesterfield Splash Park Grand Opening in June
- Who's Hiring in Chesterfield and New Baltimore?
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In
- Coming Soon! New Baltimore-Chesterfield Patch Gets a New Look