A Chesterfield Township resident reported Sunday night a bullet struck her house in the 24 Mile and Sass area, police said Monday.
No one was injured in the incident at 8:10 p.m. on Walnut Street, but investigators are trying to determine who's responsible for the gunfire, Detective Sgt. Deron Myers stated in a news release.
The resident reported hearing a loud bang outside her home and realized a bullet came through her dining room window. It was lodged in her hallway wall, Myers said.
While police responded to the scene, neighbors on Sam's Lane heard gunfire in woods north and east of them. They stated trees were being shot. Multiple township police units surrounded the area and the gunfire stopped, Myers said.
"It does not appear that the residents on Walnut were the intended target of any type of assault, but merely the location of where the recklessly fired round came to rest," he said.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 586-949-2322.
See More on Patch
- Man Escapes After 3-Mile Chase Through Woods, Creek in Chesterfield Township Manhunt
- Man Who Allegedly Tried Carrying Out Abduction, Murder Plot in Chesterfield Township At Large
- Armed Robbers Steal Rosie O'Grady's St. Patrick's Day Cash in Chesterfield Township
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation
- Masked Men Snatch Jewelry From Chesterfield Store