Chesterfield Township police said Wednesday they are searching for two masked thieves who broke into a jewelry store last weekend.
At approximately 4:30 a.m. Saturday, police responded to a burglary alarm at Georgio's Fine Jewelry at 27929 23 Mile near Gratiot. By the time of arrival, the thieves had fled, township Detective Sgt. Deron Myers said.
The front door had been smashed with a cinder block. The robbers also broke the display cases inside the store, taking an undetermined amount of jewelry with them, Myers said.
Investigators say the store surveillance video shows two masked men who drove off in a 1990s to early 2000s full-size dark-colored Dodge van. The van had curtains in the windows, a chrome grill and wheels, he said.
No suspects were known at the time.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 586-949-2322 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP
See More on Patch
- Car Break-In Suspects Among 16 Arrested Over Weekend in Chesterfield Township
- Man Escapes After 3-Mile Chase Through Woods, Creek in Chesterfield Township Manhunt
- Man Who Allegedly Tried Carrying Out Abduction, Murder Plot in Chesterfield Township At Large
- Armed Robbers Steal Rosie O'Grady's St. Patrick's Day Cash in Chesterfield Township
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation