An alleged laundry room thief had a dirty trick up his sleeve, according to a police report.
At approximately 11:30 p.m. July 25, a tenant in the Aspen Creek Apartments notified police that someone was breaking into the machines in the communal laundry room. When an officer responded to the complex and opened the door, he found a man sitting on the laundry room floor with the dryer upside down between his legs. He appeared to be working on the machine, the report stated.
Police ordered the man to the ground, placed him in handcuffs and found a small tool in his pocket. When asked what he was doing, the suspect said, "Someone showed me how to get the coins out of the machine. You know times are tough right now," police said.
The suspect had several warrants out for his arrest, including one for an undisclosed crime in Chesterfield Township. There were also several reports of stolen coins from the Aspen Creek laundry room before this incident.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.
See More on Patch
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Chesterfield Township
- Home Invasion in Chesterfield Township Suspect's Trail as Manhunt Continues
- Man Escapes After 3-Mile Chase Through Woods, Creek in Chesterfield Township Manhunt
- Chesterfield Township Man Arrested for 12th Time on Drunken Driving Charge
- Chesterfield Township Man Arrested in Sexual Assault of Teen Employee in Macomb Township