With an annual average of about 37 crashes, the Gratiot and 21 Mile Road intersection is the most dangerous in Chesterfield Township, according to the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments' data from 2007-11.
The second highest-crash intersection is at 23 Mile Road and Gratiot, with an average of 32 yearly crashes. The 23 Mile and Interstate 94 ramp comes in third with 27, and 23 Mile and Seaden Drive is fourth with 17, according to the SEMCOG statistics.
See the five-year total of the 10 most dangerous intersections here.
|1||21||48||Gratiot Ave @ 21 Mile Rd||49||26||29||37||46||37.4|
|2||27||81||23 Mile Rd @ Gratiot Ave||32||28||32||40||29||32.2|
|3||45||137||23 Mile/E I 94 Ramp @ 23 Mile Rd||15||16||38||28||39||27.2|
|4||138||482||23 Mile Rd @ Seaden Dr||13||15||18||16||23||17.0|
|5||148||512||26 Mile Rd @ Gratiot Ave||16||19||18||19||10||16.4|
|6||164||603||23 Mile Rd @ Chesterfield Rd||22||10||14||17||13||15.2|
|7||210||785||26 Mile Rd @ Marine City Hwy||13||25||10||7||11||13.2|
|8||217||837||E I 94/23 Mile Ramp @ 23 Mile Rd||5||8||14||17||19||12.6|
|8||217||837||23 Mile Rd @ Callens Rd||12||16||8||15||12||12.6|
|10||239||934||Gratiot Ave @ 24 Mile Rd||13||10||13||11||12||11.8|
See More on Patch
- Chesterfield Township Burger King Outburst Leads to Man's 10th DUI Arrest
- Jaws of Life Used to Remove Young Children Trapped in Car in Chesterfield Township
- Woman Arrested on St. Patrick's Day for Child Endangerment
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation
- Chesterfield Township MJR Hosts Free Spring Children's Film Festival
Most Popular articles
- ACO Hardware Closing 14 Stores, Including New Baltimore Location
- Chesterfield Splash Park Grand Opening in June
- Who's Hiring in Chesterfield and New Baltimore?
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In
- Coming Soon! New Baltimore-Chesterfield Patch Gets a New Look