How to Make New Year’s Resolutions Stick
Find out where to get a little help with your New Year’s resolutions in Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore.
Need help sticking to your New Year’s resolutions? There are plenty of businesses in Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore that can help you reach your goals for 2013.
Here’s a look at some popular New Year’s resolutions, along with a few places around town that can help.
If you resolved to lose weight or get fit in the New Year, these local gyms might be able to help:
- Xtreme Fitness Center in Chesterfield Township is a full-service gym with a wide selection of fitness equipment, including treadmills, bikes and Stairmasters. The gym also offers individual classes, one-on-one training and fitness assessments.
- Snap Fitness in Chesterfield Township features cardio and strength-training equipment. Members can pay on a month-to-month basis.
- Powerhouse Gym in Chesterfield Township features a wide selection of free weights, weight machines, cardio machines and bikes. The facility has changing rooms, a massage area and private workout rooms for classes such as yoga and one-on-one personal training. The facility also offers a junior gym for children to use while their parents are exercising.
- Santosha Yoga in Chesterfield Township emphasizes the physical practice as well as the mental aspect of yoga. Pre-registration is not required for regular classes. Those who are new to the facility get their first week of yoga free.
Trying to break a bad habit? Here’s a look at some local resources that can help you overcome addiction:
- Harbor Oaks Hospital in New Baltimore hosts Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 7:30 p.m. each Monday. Anyone is invited to attend. The hospital provides psychiatric and substance abuse treatment for children and adults.
- Harbor Oaks Hospital also offers Narcotics Anonymous meetings at 7:30 p.m. each Tuesday and 7 p.m. each Sunday.
- Psychologists and clinicians at the Center for Counseling in Chesterfield Township have experience treating patients with substance abuse and addiction problems.
Need help managing stress during the New Year? Psychologists and clinicians at the Center for Counseling in Chesterfield Township have experience helping people of all ages deal with stress management and anxiety.
Want to spend more time volunteering this year? Check out the Patch volunteer page to connect with local organizations that need your help.
Take our poll and tell us what you hope to accomplish in 2013.