Need a morning fix with your cup of joe? Get some news in a nutshell with Patch.
- For approximately 40 DTE customers in the community, the lights went out early last night due to trouble with a transformer mainly in the Donner Road area. As of last night, power was expected to be restored anywhere from 9:30-11:30 p.m. tonight, according to the electric company.
- Ready for a slight break in the weather? Well, it's still expected to be hot—just not as unbearable as yesterday. Temps are due to be in the high 80s.
- Have you been sitting on Borders gift cards from the holidays? Well, it's time to take those in to the nearest Borders because the bookstore chain is going out of business and major sales start today.
- Have you been waiting patiently to see the final Harry Potter film with less of the fanfare of last week? Well, shows are playing throughout the day at Chesterfield Crossings Cinema.
- Unable to make the drive to downtown Detroit to visit the Detroit Institute of Arts, but still love to admire famous artwork? Well, you can explore replicas placed throughout New Baltimore as part of the museum's Inside|Out program. If you can't find the time to walk around the city, you can check back with Patch for photos of the paintings that will be featured starting today. Plus, you can also plan your visit to the museum July 31 when New Baltimore residents get in free by showing identification.