“We are really excited to open the doors to our first store in the Detroit-metro area. Homeowners, tenants, business owners and contractors will now have great access to a full-line of building materials and supplies at the lowest prices in the area," Menards spokesman Jeff Abbott stated in a news release.
The retailer, which has locations across the Midwest, sells anything from garden supplies to brand appliances. The township store will feature a line of convenience groceries "as a one-stop shopping experience."
Michael Ruthig, Chesterfield Menards General Manager said in the prepared statement, “We’re very glad that we can bring more shopping convenience to Chesterfield and will roll up our sleeves and get to work to provide the best in home improvement products at the best prices.”
The family-owned company started in 1960 and has grown to operating 273 stores in 14 Midwestern states, including 23 stores in Michigan, the company stated. The township store announced earlier this winter it was hiring for a variety of positions.
Will you shop at the new Menards? Tell us in the comments' section below.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Chesterfield Splash Park Grand Opening in June
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In
- Passenger Accused of Pointing Gun During Road Rage Incident by Hall Road
- Levin, Miller Weigh in on Obamacare Repeal Vote
- New Baltimore to Celebrate New Harbor, Patrol Boat