Neighbors in a New Baltimore subdivision became alarmed Thursday when a stranger approached a group of children on their bicycles, according to a police report.
Around 5:20 p.m., police received word that an elderly man with a white beard pulled his white Jeep Patriot up to the kids at Hawthorne Ridge and Pleasant View. The man jokingly asked the children if "they were a part of a biker gang," they told an adult who reported the incident.
Two other children said that the man slowed down his vehicle by them and waved around that time, police said.
Police combed the area for his vehicle to no avail. They advised residents in the area to notify them if he returned.
See More on Patch
- Passenger Accused of Pointing Gun During Road Rage Incident by Hall Road
- Chesterfield Township Burger King Outburst Leads to Man's 10th DUI Arrest
- UPDATED: Man Arrested in Hit-And-Run of New Baltimore Woman
- Car Break-In Suspects Among 16 Arrested Over Weekend in Chesterfield Township
- Chesterfield Township Man Arrested for 12th Time on Drunken Driving Charge
Most Popular articles
- ACO Hardware Closing 14 Stores, Including New Baltimore Location
- Chesterfield Splash Park Grand Opening in June
- Who's Hiring in Chesterfield and New Baltimore?
- Coming Soon! New Baltimore-Chesterfield Patch Gets a New Look
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In