Plans for an Olive Garden restaurant are heating up in Chesterfield Township.
After about a year of anticipating the chain eatery, township officials said Friday that Olive Garden sign requests will go before the planning commission Feb. 12 for approval. The signage submission is for property in front of the Kohl's Department store on Gratiot near 23 Mile, Planning Director Janice Giese said Friday.
No official site plans have been submitted to build in the plaza, but the process could start by fall, Giese said.
Chesterfield Township officials said they were eager for the Italian restaurant to come to town last year, but the business backed off plans soon after. The sign request is for the same location previously eyed for construction.
Check back with Patch for more updates.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- ACO Hardware Closing 14 Stores, Including New Baltimore Location
- Chesterfield Splash Park Grand Opening in June
- Who's Hiring in Chesterfield and New Baltimore?
- Coming Soon! New Baltimore-Chesterfield Patch Gets a New Look
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In