Chesterfield Township police said Tuesday they're searching for a man who allegedly robbed a couple at gunpoint in the 23 Mile Road and Gratiot area.
On the night of Nov. 6, the man, believed to be in his early 20s, entered Buffalo Wild Wings in the Target and Staples plaza, where he stayed and ate for some time. Around 1 a.m. Nov. 7, he approached a couple, who also dined there, near the restaurant entrance and asked them for a ride to Meijer. He said his friends were going to pick him up at the nearby store, Chesterfield Township Detective Sgt. Deron Myers said.
He was nearly pleading with the couple to give him a ride and, although they were apprehensive, they agreed to take him to the store. But, while he was inside the back seat, he pulled out a black handgun and demanded their belongings, Myers said.
The pair gave him their cell phones and cash and the robber ran toward Gratiot, where they believe he headed toward a bus stop, he said.
Police released a surveillance image Tuesday from Buffalo Wild Wings of the suspect. He is described as 5'8 to 5'9 with a slim build, beard and mustache. He wore a knit skull cap, dark clothing and tan work boots.
They are asking anyone with information to call Chesterfield Police Department at 586-949-2322 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.
For more updates on this story, check back with Patch.
See More on Patch
- Man Escapes After 3-Mile Chase Through Woods, Creek in Chesterfield Township Manhunt
- Man Who Allegedly Tried Carrying Out Abduction, Murder Plot in Chesterfield Township At Large
- Armed Robbers Steal Rosie O'Grady's St. Patrick's Day Cash in Chesterfield Township
- Chesterfield Township Man Arrested for 12th Time on Drunken Driving Charge
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation
Most Popular articles
- Chesterfield Splash Park Grand Opening in June
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In
- Passenger Accused of Pointing Gun During Road Rage Incident by Hall Road
- New Baltimore to Celebrate New Harbor, Patrol Boat
- Levin, Miller Weigh in on Obamacare Repeal Vote