Spot Santa, Christmas Events in Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore
The holiday season is upon us and so are the jolly events.
Ready to spread Christmas cheer?
There are lots of holiday events in Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore for families and individuals to enjoy. Here's a roundup of some in town:
- Pancake breakfast with Santa at New Baltimore Fire Department from 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 2. Proceeds to benefit the Anchor Bay Community Giving Tree Holiday Charity Program. Bring your camera for pictures with Santa.
- New Baltimore Christmas Tree Lighting at 7 p.m. Dec. 3 on Washington Street in downtown New Baltimore. Join the sing-along and bring a canned good or boxed food item to donate to the St. Mary's food pantry. See Santa in the recreation center, where there will be hot chocolate and donuts. Cameras are welcome. Dress warmly.
- Chesterfield Township Tree Lighting at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 at Municipal Offices. Christmas caroling, Santa's arrival by fire truck, holiday crafts as well as cookies and hot cocoa at the Weller School. Vocal performances by local schools and scout groups. Dress warmly.
- Holiday House Decorating Contest in Chesterfield Township. Nominate any home within the township by calling 586-949-0400, extension 4 and leave an address. Awards will be presented Dec. 17 at the Board of Trustees meeting. Nominations are due by 3 p.m. Dec. 7. Contest hours are 6-10 p.m. Dec. 10.
- New Baltimore Parks and Recreation Commission Holiday Decorating Contest is from Dec. 1- 21. The Commissioners will be driving throughout the city picking their choices and will narrow down the three home winners and one business winner. The winners will be announced at the first Parks and Recreation Commission meeting at 6 p.m. Jan. 3.
- Jingle Bell Run Dec. 9 at New Baltimore Recreation Center. Pre-registration pick-up and race day registration from 1-3:30 p.m. at the rec center. One-mile fun walk starts at 4 p.m. and 5K run starts at 4:15 p.m. Proceeds to benefit the Anchor Bay School DECA Chapter, A National Marketing Student Organization, Student Scholarships and M.D.A. Checks are to be made payable to Anchor Bay Roadrunners. Mail entries to: Jingle Bell Run, 6319 County Line, Fair Haven, 48023. For more information, call 586-725-0291. Grand Pacific House Museum's annual open house will take place the same day from 3-6 p.m.
- Santa Arrives by Helicopter at Lumber Jack in New Baltimore. St. Nick will land by helicopter during the free event that's open to the public from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 23 at the store on 23 Mile.
- Santa will be at MacDonald Public Library in New Baltimore. The jolly guy is scheduled for a visit from noon to 1 p.m. Dec. 8. Guests are encouraged to bring cameras.
Know of more holiday events, share them in our calendar.