Three Detroit men were arrested early Monday morning in St. Clair County following a car chase that began in New Baltimore, authorities said.
Around 2:50 a.m., New Baltimore police were attempting to stop a Dodge Magnum suspected of being stolen from Warren. Chesterfield Township police were also in pursuit of the car when St. Clair County sheriff's deputies spotted it in the Interstate 94 and Fred Moore Highway area, heading eastbound in the county, according to the St. Clair County Sheriff's Office.
Port Huron Police Department was notified of the chase and officers set up stop sticks near the Water Street exit. The stop sticks deflated a tire on the Magnum. But, the driver kept fleeing, heading northbound on Pine Grove Avenue, 24th Avenue and then Lakeshore Road, the Sheriff's Office stated.
The vehicle finally stopped in the 6100 block of Lakeshore in Burtchville Township, where the three occupants jumped out and ran. Deputies apprehended all three of them soon after, the Sheriff's Office said.
The three men--ages 26, 27 and 30--are being held at the St. Clair County Intervention and Detention Center on charges of fleeing and eluding and resisting and obstructing. The three will also be facing charges in Macomb County, the Sheriff's Office said.
See More on Patch
- Home Invasion in Chesterfield Township Suspect's Trail as Manhunt Continues
- Armed Robbers Take Pub's Cash, Anchor Bay Teachers of Year, Deputy Charged in Screening Scheme and More
- Ohio Break-in Suspect, Arrested in Macomb, Arraigned
- Trio of Suspected Thieves Nabbed, Alleged Drunken Crash, New Baltimore Council Controversy and More
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation