Get caught up on the news from this past week. Among the headlines:
- A 55-year-old man, formerly of Chesterfield Township, who is accused in a slew of armed robberies was arraigned Monday in New Baltimore. Police said he has confessed to the recent Dry Cleaning H.Q. robbery on Gratiot near 21 Mile Road as well as four other crimes in the county, including a dollar store hold up in Utica.
- An expert on city charter revisions spoke Monday night at a New Baltimore town hall meeting. Voters will decide Aug. 7 whether the city charter should be revised. Take our poll about the revision here.
- Several concerned New Baltimore residents attended the Monday City Council meeting and asked about low water pressure at a house fire scene in their subdivision.
- A 22-year-old Detroit man was arrested on a larceny from building charge after police say he stole about $10,000 in jewelry from a Chesterfield home. The suspect was at the home as a cable repairman.
- The alleged getaway driver in a slew of November robberies was caught in Ohio and arraigned Monday in New Baltimore on two charges of armed robbery.
- The beach at Burke Park reopened after a multi-day closure due to high E. coli levels. Tell us what you think about swimming conditions at the beach.
- Salvation Army on Green Street in New Baltimore has been holding a blow-out sale in preparation for its move in late August to Chesterfield.
- Readers have a chance to become pseudo city planners in our recent Vision for Vacancies about the former Anchor Bay Pharmacy space.
- The crime brief of the week was about a woman attempting to buy pet food with counterfeit cash.
- Help get New Baltimore-Chesterfield Patch to our goal of 1,000 Facebook likes!
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.
See More on Patch
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In
- Manhunt Suspect Caught, Pedestrian Dies After Crash, Selfridge Museum Opens and More
- Car Break-In Suspects Among 16 Arrested Over Weekend in Chesterfield Township
- Chesterfield Township Man Arrested for 12th Time on Drunken Driving Charge
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation