Miss the latest headlines from Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore? Here's a recap of the news from this past week:
- Chesterfield and New Baltimore residents took to the polls Tuesday in the 2012 presidential election.
- A majority of voters rejected the proposed police tax hike, approved fire protection and equipment millages, re-elected Supervisor Michael Lovelock, Treasurer Linda Hartman and opted for a new clerk in Cindy Berry. A mix of incumbents and newcomers will comprise the Board of Trustees.
- Chesterfield Township Police Chief Bruce Smith spoke of departmental plans in light of the tax proposal failing.
- More Chesterfield and New Baltimore residents voted for Mitt Romney than for President Barack Obama.
- Most local voters sided with a county majority in turning down the Macomb Community College bond proposal.
- Reactions varied as Michigan voters shot down all six state ballot proposals.
- Macomb County incumbents are to return to office.
- Four Macomb County people, including a New Baltimore resident, were killed in an out-of-state accident.
- The suspect accused in the I-96 freeway shootings was charged with a slew of felonies.
- A 21-year-old township resident was arrested on suspicion of snatching a purse at Meijer. He is also accused of swiping GPS tracking devices from cars in the 24 Mile area.
- Veteran's Day events are taking place throughout Macomb County.
- The Mall at Partridge Creek kicks off the Christmas tree-lighting ceremony season, with Chesterfield and New Baltimore to follow next month.
- Construction equipment could be seen at the site of the future boat docks in New Baltimore.
- Patch is partnering with Gleaners Food Bank to fight hunger.
- Patch and AOL sent donations to Hurricane Sandy victims.
- This week's House Hunt featured single-family homes and condos that sold throughout Macomb County.
- Get the news in your inbox with our free newsletter and follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.
See More on Patch
- Chesterfield Vehicle Sales Prompt Investigation, Toxic Fumes from Products and DIA Artwork
- Armed Robbers Take Pub's Cash, Anchor Bay Teachers of Year, Deputy Charged in Screening Scheme and More
- Macomb Sheriff's Deputy Charged With Fixing Woman's Breathalyzer Tests
- Trio of Suspected Thieves Nabbed, Alleged Drunken Crash, New Baltimore Council Controversy and More
- Parole Violator Among 3 Men Arraigned for Thefts Across Nation