Week in Review: Teen Robbed at Gunpoint, Blood Donations Needed, Anchor Bay Kids Help Cause
New Baltimore-Chesterfield Patch recaps the news from last week.
Miss the latest headlines from Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore? Here's a recap of the news from this past week:
- A 19-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint while walking from the bus to his job at Bed, Bath and Beyond in Chesterfield Township. Police arrested an 18-year-old Mount Clemens man who was charged with multiple felonies, including armed robbery.
- Anchor Bay athletes and families raised cancer awareness and money during a pink game at Middle School North.
- The high winds from the remnants of Hurricane Sandy left many without power, including three Anchor Bay Schools.
- In the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, the American Red Cross urges people to donate blood.
- In major medical news, Beaumont and Henry Ford health systems announced a $6.4-billion partnership.
- A Chesterfield Township man was arrested on charges he had burglarized his neighbors' homes.
- Patch extended its Halloween contest until Monday, so there's still time to enter.
- Thousands of absentee ballots were returned by the end of the week in Chesterfield and New Baltimore, with more expected to flow in by Tuesday night.
- As elections are upon us, catch up on the state proposals on the ballot and the candidates and issues in Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore.
- Chesterfield Township Library offered the latest advice for job-seekers.
- Who's Hiring highlighted several area job openings.
- The latest House Hunt feature profiles residential properties that recently sold near you.
- Holiday shopping? See five gifts grandparents will love.
- See photos from the first-ever zombie walk in New Baltimore
- You can purchase and donate food to the Gleaners Community Food Bank during Patch's virtual food drive. Our goal is to collect $10,000 through Nov. 17.
- Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
- Get the news directly in your inbox with our free newsletter.
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.
See More on Patch
- Chesterfield Township Splash Park, New Baltimore Harbor, Detroit Tigers PAWS Pitches In
- Chesterfield Vehicle Sales Prompt Investigation, Toxic Fumes from Products and DIA Artwork
- Armed Robbers Take Pub's Cash, Anchor Bay Teachers of Year, Deputy Charged in Screening Scheme and More
- Teams Are Getting Ready to Relay for Life in New Baltimore, Chesterfield Township
- Trio of Suspected Thieves Nabbed, Alleged Drunken Crash, New Baltimore Council Controversy and More