Get caught up on the news from this past week.
- Chesterfield Township board approved a splash park and a new hamburger joint for the community.
- Extreme heat blanketed southeast Michigan with temps reaching uncomfortable highs and sparking air quality concerns.
- Storms swept through Metro Detroit, causing major power outages in Chesterfield Township as well as downed wires, trees and some flooding.
- Lightning struck a New Baltimore house that started a fire in the attic and then spread to the rest of the home. Firefighters on the scene dealt with low water pressure while neighbors say lightning is no stranger to the sub.
- A Rochester Hills man was identified after his body was discovered in Anchor Bay in Ira Township.
- Yoga left land for water with a new class offering the exercise on paddleboards.