Patch readers sound off on the site and Facebook about what they would like to see improve Lake St. Clair after Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel shared his visions for promoting the county coastline Thursday in New Baltimore. Join the conversation on our Facebook page or in the comments' section below.
Among the comments:
- kidcat24 said: I love the idea of waterfront campgrounds with beaches! I love the marina, kayaking, and canoeing ideas too! Let's go, let's move on it!
- Brian Hadfield said: Whether built along the lake or out into the lake, I would love something similar to Chicago's Navy Pier, with restaurants, locally-owned shops, a few permanent rides (like Navy Pier's ferris wheel), and sight-seeing excursions departing from such a pier. It's amazing how little currently exists along the lake currently, especially in terms of restaurants. (I suppose privately owned land--or residential homes--prevents a lot of business possibilities in some areas.)
- Linda Manning Martin said: City Marina in New Baltimore with an outdoor pool like SCS. A campground with a Marina would be even better.
- Tina Harden Stephens said: I would love to see a beach at Brandenburg park. It is a beautiful park and having a small swimming area with a sandy beach would be fantastic.
- Karen Bailey said: How about let's clean up the water first so that we can feel safe having our kids swim in the lake. Fine all the illegal dumpers and use the fine money received to finish the bike path, and all the other great ideas this city supposedly has...