Novi showed the most enthusiastic response for The Cheesecake Factory's grand opening, said Alethea Rowe, the restaurant's senior director of public relations. The Cheesecake Factory opened 11 a.m. Tuesday in Novi, and eager fans of the restaurant were in line hours before.
"We don't take that for granted at all," she said.
If you're planning a trip to Michigan's first The Cheesecake Factory, here are five things you'll want to know.
1. Where is it?The restaurant is in the former location of Tin Fish, next to Nordstrom, at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi.
2. When is it open?The Cheesecake Factory is open daily: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Friday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday.
3. What can I order?The Cheesecake Factory needs an extensive staff -- 280 staff members and 12 kitchen and dining managers, Rowe said -- to prepare the plethora of menu items.
4. How big is it?It's a two-story 8,220 square foot structure that opens onto the parking lot and includes a 1,250 square foot outdoor patio. The restaurant, covered in ornate bronze decor, seats 225 people.
5. Can I make a reservation?The Cheesecake Factory restaurants do not take reservations. Guests are seated in the order that they arrive once the entire party is there.
Read more from The Cheesecake Factory's opening day in Novi:
- Hundreds Anxious for Cheesecake Factory Opening in Novi
- Family Waits Hours for Cheesecake Factory Birthday Treat
Do you think The Cheesecake Factory is worth the drive from Macomb County? Tell us in the comments' section.