Here’s a look at what’s happening in New Baltimore and Chesterfield Township the week of Dec. 31.
1. New Baltimore City Hall and Chesterfield Township Municipal Offices are closed Monday and Tuesday for the New Year’s holiday. Chesterfield Township and MacDonald Public libraries are also closed those days. All reopen Wednesday.
2. Several local bars and restaurants are hosting New Year’s Eve celebrations tonight in the Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore area. Various other New Year’s Eve celebrations will also take place across metro Detroit.
3. It’s almost time for the Salvation Army’s annual New Year’s Day sale. The Chesterfield Township store will offer 50 percent off clothing from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday. Shoppers will also find deals on accessories, home goods and other items.
4. The New Baltimore Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 6 p.m. Thursday. The session at City Hall will include time for public discussion and other miscellaneous business, according to the agenda.
5. Alan Naldrett will discuss the New Baltimore history book he's working on at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Chesterfield Township Library. He will illustrate his presentation with rare and interesting photos of early New Baltimore. If you have an interesting photo of early New Baltimore, bring it to the library for a chance to have it included in the book.
Check out the Patch Events calendar to see a full list of what’s happening in the area. You can also share your own events by adding them to the calendar.
What are your plans for the week? Tell us in the comments.