How can you help the victims in Sandy from Chesterfield Township and New Baltimore.
The American Red Cross Greater New York Region provided the following information with suggestions for helping those affected by the impact of Sandy.
Donations to the Red Cross and giving blood are two great ways to support the efforts.
More than 360 Red Cross blood drives have been cancelled due to the storm, representing a loss of as many as 12,000 blood and platelet products. People who are eligible, especially in places not affected by the storm, are asked to schedule a donation appointment in the days and weeks to come.
- Donate Blood or Host A Blood Drive - Encourage employees to participate in community blood drives and/or host a blood drive on-site for both staff and customers. As a blood drive sponsor, you can help meet the blood needs of patients in your community and across the United States. Find a local blood drive on the Red Cross website.
- Implement a Customer Donation Program - Give your customers the opportunity to support Disaster Relief by simply adding a dollar amount to their total purchase.
- Sponsor an Employee Giving and Matching Gift Program - Engage employees by sponsoring a fundraising campaign in support of Disaster Relief and provide an incentive to participate by matching employee donations.
- Conduct a Percentage of Sales Program - Showcase your commitment to the Red Cross and the people we serve while generating sales for your company by donating a percentage of your sales to Disaster Relief.
- Donate Ad Space - Donate a portion of your advertising inventory and help share our stories about the individuals, families and communities affected by disaster.
- Place a Red Cross Banner Ad on Your Website - Place a Red Cross banner ad on your company website to reinforce your support of the Red Cross and encourage donations through our Donate Now webpage.
Do you know of any local drives or fundraisers for victims of Superstorm Sandy? Tell us in the comments below!