Plenty of local places are set to host New Year's Eve celebrations.
Among the businesses in Chesterfield and New Baltimore ready to ring in 2012 are:
- will have specials on prime rib, a DJ and karaoke, a free pizza buffet, champagne at midnight, early bird specials. Open till 4 a.m.
- is open until 4 a.m. as well, the business will have karaoke, champagne at midnight, and a free buffet with drinks.
- has a long list of food specials all night, including baked shrimp Rockefeller, surf and turf, prime rib, and more. For those feeling under the weather, Firehouse will also have a "Hair of the Dog" special on Jan. 1, starting at noon. This will include a Bloody Mar bar, snacks, and the football games on TV.
- will have shot and drink specials all night.
- specials include a prime rib and bottle of wine for two menu, a DJ and a countdown.
- New York New York near will be hosting the CD release party for the Detroit band CrashDollz, along with special guest. Cover is $8 for ages 18-20 and $5 for 21 and up. At midnight there will be a champagne toast, balloon drop, and a continental breakfast. They will be open until 4 a.m.
- will play host to the Adam Allen Band, along with a buffet after midnight, party favors, and 20 oz. bottles of Coors Light for $2.
- will have entertainment, shot and drink specials all night.
- will be serving a large menu of food, including hors d'oeuvres, fettuccine alfredo, beef tenderloin, chicken florentine, rosemary potatoes and more. Also included will be premium drinks, party favors, a top 40 DJ and late-night snacks. Guests must be 21 and older, tables of 10 available, $60 per person.
Remember to ensure you have a designated driver or arrangements to keep yourself and others on the road safe. Both local police departments report they will have increased road patrols New Year's Eve to be on alert for drunken drivers.
Happy New Year!