Join Us as the University of Michigan Honors our
Nation's Veterans And "K-9s that Serve and Protect Us"
When: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012
Where: Michigan Union 530 S. State Street,
Ann Arbor 48109
on the University's Central Campus
(bounded by North University Avenue, South University Avenue, East University Avenue, and State Street)
All events are free and open to the public.
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Phil Weitlauf—(Post 2006 AMVETS Member and Project Director of the Michigan War Dog Memorial)
- Lecture and video on K-9s that serve and protect us:
- (a) Michigan War Dog Memorial/Pet Cemetery,
- (b) War Dogs from WWII to present day,
- (c) Tribute to Man's Best Friend
11:30 AM – 12:10 PM
- Vance McCrumb
& Don St. Amant (Vietnam Veterans)--
Discuss their experiences as dog handlers in combat
12:10 PM – 12:20 PM
- Ken Reynolds--Talks about H-Res. 740: designating March 13 as K-9 Veteran's Day nationally
12:20 PM – 12:50 PM
- Pat Currey--Highly-respected former military combat K-9 trainer, talk and demo.
12:50 PM – 1:20 PM
- Beth Spanski--Highly-respected K-9 trainer, service dogs for disabled Veterans, talk and demo.
1:20 PM – 1:30 PM
- Phil Weitlauf--Reading of “Guardians Of The Night" Author Unknown
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM
- Questions and Answers
Hanabrit German Shepherd Group that train therapy Dogs will be mixing with the crowd.
Media Contact: Phil
Weitlauf, cellular phone 248-685-8307; email@example.com
cellular phone 248-881-2259; firstname.lastname@example.org