New Baltimore City Council will decide Monday night whether to approve a design contract for the anticipated Department of Public Services' building expansion project.
The $31,500 design contract with Partners in Architecture of Mount Clemens is for the addition estimated to cost about $500,000, according to the city.
Construction is expected to take place this spring, for completion in fall. Multiple offices and an employee lunchroom are among the project features, Clerk Marcia Shinska said.
The DPS building renovations are to be appropriated from the DPS budget, which has a surplus of funds, Councilman Karl Rutledge told Patch last June.
The council agenda also includes:
- Authorization to schedule a public hearing for Community Development Block Grants for 7 p.m. Jan. 28.
- Approval of revised special event application for the New Baltimore Lions Club Winterfest 2013.
- Approval to repair and upgrade Bay Estates Storm Water Station for $5,093.04.
- Approval to inspect Harbor Creek Storm Water Lift Station for a repair estimate of $1,630.
- Approval to buy a 800 MHZ police radio for the homeland security boat for $3,726, from the Drug Forfeiture Fund.
- Approval for the City Clerk to participate in the Macomb County School Election Coordinating Committee and continue to conduct Anchor Bay School District elections in New Baltimore.
- Approval of proposal from Project Control Engineering for the annual sewer and water rate review, $3,360.
The meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14 at 36535 Green.