Mitt Romney has chosen Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate.
His campaign announced the pick Saturday morning, dubbing the two "America's Comeback Team."
The two made their first appearance on the USS Wisconsin, a retired World War II battleship, in Norfolk, Virginia Saturday morning.
Romney's campaign also released a biography of Ryan. Here are some of the facts:
- Ryan is in his seventh term in Congress representing Wisconsin’s 1st District.
- He is Chairman of the House Budget Committee.
- He also serves on the House Ways and Means Committee.
- Ryan, 42, is married to Janna Little. They have three children and live in Janesville, Wisconsin.
- Prior to running for Congress, Ryan served as an aide to Republican Senators Robert Kasten Jr. and Sam Brownback, former U.S. Rep. and Vice Presidential Candidate Jack Kemp, and as a speechwriter for Education Secretary William Bennett.
- Ryan is a graduate of Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville and earned degrees in economics and political science from Miami University in Ohio.