Patch readers sound off on the site and Facebook about potential waterfront development in New Baltimore. Their comments come after Mayor Larry Smith reiterated his dreams for properties along Anchor Bay, but noted delays due to appraisal fees. Join the conversation on our Facebook page or in the comments' section below.
Among the comments:
- Brian Powers: "I'd like to see actual development along the waterfront instead of 20 years of grandiose plans that never come to fruition like we've had."
- Christina DeMartin Barrett: "$4,000 is in the way of developing property that could bring in thousands of dollars of revenue, revitalize downtown New Baltimore, increase traffic to downtown businesses, and actually make New Baltimore a destination for pleasure boaters?"
- Phil Nice: "Would love to see a marina with restaurants and loud nightclubs..."
- Mandy Ullrich: "I kinda like the small quiet town the way it is..."
- Leroy Desmarais" "I think the plans for this summer are great. I think the rental of kayaks from St. Clair Shores is wonderful. Now what are we to do about the old police station? That building is a great bussiness opportunity."
Tell us what you think in the comments' section below.