He's a repairman, mentor, disciplinarian and friend--he's your dad and June 17 is the day to celebrate him.
If you're shopping for the right gift for the important father figures in your life, you don't have have to look far. New Baltimore and Chesterfield have plenty of places with an assortment of gifts.
- If your dad likes to fix things around the house, Lumberjack on 23 Mile, or , has what he needs to get the job done. Help your dad keep his castle in shape with any repair items he might need.
- Dad spends hours on end in the garage? is the place for him. Whether he's tinkering with his own ride or helping you fix yours, you can find something here for the gear head in your family.
- Summer is upon us, and if your dad is fixing up the yard, look for gifts at and . Get him what he needs to work his yard, garden, or porch.
- If your dad is musically inclined, go to and pick up some sheet music for him to try out, or some new strings for that guitar he's been meaning to start playing again.
- Was your father more excited to see Marvel's The Avengers than you? Get your nerd dad something from if he's into board games and comics, or an old-school video game from if he's still got his old video game systems.
- Military dads can can get personalized gear and branch-specific merchandise from The Military Pride Store that just opened at 35740 Green Street. They have what you need for the fathers that served.
- What dad doesn't like to golf? Take him out to one of the many golf places in town, like Cedar Glenn, , , , or .
- Sharpshooter and hunting dads can find something they like at or . Get dad some ammo, gun gear, bows and more.
- has everything imaginable your pops could need for his wheels. New chains, tires, accessories and toys for everyone from the casual biker to the hardcore enthusiast.
- If you dad likes to chop, grill, slice and serve, then consider getting him something from or . He'll be searing and seasoning in no time.
- But, if your father can eat better than he can cook, you can always take him out to one of many local restaurants like , , or . See more restaurant listings here.
- Buy your dad a bottle of the good stuff. Washington Street Wine House has a great selection for the dad who likes his wine.
Show your dad he raised a smart kid by saving money and supporting your community by shopping local this year for father's day. And if all else fails, you can always pay to have the fishflies cleaned off his car.
Did we leave out your favorite place to buy dad a gift? Tell us what it is in our comments section below.